2010-02-06

On Being Wanted

I've accepted a job offer, so I turned in my resignation to my two direct managers. One said "Cool Signature" and "Congratulations", and the other said "Well, that sucketh". As I walked away, the latter picked up her cell and called up the big boss. When I got back to my desk, I saw that the big boss had sent me an IM asking me to call him. He must've sent it as I was walking to the managers.

Big Boss got off the phone with latter manager to speak with me, and the first words out of his mouth were "Your timing sucks, Waldo.". Apparently, he's been attempting to wrangle a deal to 'make everyone happy' (TM).

I've been asked to sit on my resignation. We'll see. I'll listen to what they have to say, but no guarantees.

It's good to be wanted.

-Waldo




No comments:

Post a Comment