2010-05-27

On Being Nice

I really wish that people were more courteous to one another on a daily basis. It really doesn't take that much effort, and makes almost everyone much more willing to help you. Even if you're having a bad day, there's little excuse not to be at least minimally courteous. I often see people who seem to go out of their way to be miserable and act like a jackass to others. Sure, take your problems out on someone else; that'll help...

The other day I had to leave work early and bring my laptop home with me (which I avoid doing unless it's necessary.) Unfortunately, as I was getting up to leave (and time was a factor), I realized that I'd left my laptop chain key at home! I had to ask one of the Service Desk Techs to drop what they were doing and help me right away. Apologizing and thanking him profusely, he took care of me. We'd also worked together previously at another gig, where I had been nice to him as well, even when things weren't going well.

Courtesy pays off...

-Waldo



No comments:

Post a Comment