2020-06-04

On Brownness

If you wonder about the protests:

This is rage at a system that has been abusing it’s unbalanced power for time immoral.

This is a symbol of unjust killings and lesser mistreatment by those who should be protecting all of us!

And I say this as a straight, white, CIS, disabled war veteran of the USMC.

If you are not with the protesters, you aren’t paying attention.

If you don’t live in fear of extrajudicial murder, you’re not paying attention.

If you’re not sure that your death would be adequately investigated, you’re not paying attention.

I have close family members who are police. I love them.

I have partaken of lethal-force training, and riot-control training, from which I still have physical scars. My (minor) injuries are far more than today’s “law enforcement” have sustained before attacking peaceful protesters. (To be clear: I suffered a severe abrasion on top of my right wrist when detaining/wrestling a resisting “protester”. An extremely minor injury.)

I’m ashamed for our current military. I ache for the soul of our law enforcement.

As the palest among us, I proudly say that “We are all Brown.”

What happens to any of us can happen to all of us.

We are all brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment